|I LOVE coconut and almonds|
Makes 20 (you may want to double this recipe)
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 1 cup chopped almonds*
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- few drops of almond extract
- ⅓ cup chopped cranberries or cherries (other dried fruit may work)
- Preheat oven to 300F. Grease two baking sheets with coconut oil (or line sheets with baking parchment).
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold in confectioner’s sugar, then fold in the almonds, coconut, and almond extract to form a sticky dough. Fold in chopped cranberries.
- Place heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture onto baking sheets. Bake for 25 minutes, until pale golden. Check them at 20 minutes to make sure they don’t burn. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes.
*Variation: use hazelnuts and skip almond extract